Feyenoord – AS Roma Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today EUROPA LEAGUE: Feyenoord – AS Roma Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, April 13, 2023.
Football: EUROPA LEAGUE – PLAY OFFS – QUARTER-FINALS
Kick-off: 17:45 Feyenoord – AS Roma
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Feyenoord – AS Roma Prediction and Preview
- The UEFA Europa League (UEL) quarter-final has thrown up a fantastic fixture here as Arne Slot’s Feyenoord are handed an opportunity to exact revenge over their opponents from the inaugural UEFA Europa Conference League (UECL) final last season, Roma. Since losing that game 1-0, Feyenoord went on to top their UEL group in the autumn before cantering to an eight-point lead in the Eredivisie title race.
- The Dutch outfit reached the top of the UEL scoring charts for the season with their incredible 7-1 win over Shakhtar here in Rotterdam (G21), which is part of an impressive six-game sequence of competitive home games in which they’ve bagged 20 times (W5, L1). This fantastic Feyenoord side have no reason to fear their Italian visitors either, having avoided defeat in all but one historical H2H against such sides on Dutch soil (W4, D3, L1).
- If any man can put a dent in that imperious home record, it could be Roma’s highly decorated boss José Mourinho. Whilst he’s called this season’s UEL “a tough one” in the build-up, his side have already knocked out two solid sides in RB Salzburg and Real Sociedad. Further fanning the flames of belief is back-to-back Serie A wins without reply to solidify Roma’s Champions League qualification claims, so they should travel here with confidence.
- Getting a foothold in this tie certainly isn’t a given for Roma though, with the visitors failing to score in their last two European road trips after scoring in each of the 24 prior! They also lost the first away leg of last season’s UECL quarter-final 2-1 to Bodø/Glimt, although an eight-game unbeaten run against Eredivisie opponents may ease those fears somewhat (W4, D4).
- Players to watch: Feyenoord’s Santiago Giménez is just one goal shy of the UEL’s top-scorer spot with five goals so far, three of which came against Roma’s city rivals, Lazio! Waiting to pounce on any Feyenoord mistakes will be Roma’s Paulo Dybala, who has scored penalties in each of their last two matches.
- Hot stat: Feyenoord are unbeaten in each of their last 13 European home games (W11, D2).