Aston Villa – Newcastle Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today PREMIER LEAGUE: Aston Villa – Newcastle Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, April 15, 2023.
Football: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 31
Kick-off: 12:30 Aston Villa – Newcastle
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:0 WON!!!
Aston Villa – Newcastle Prediction and Preview
- A lot has happened in the 25 years since Aston Villa last won five successive Premier League (PL) matches, including the birth of their star midfielder Douglas Luiz, Wayne Rooney’s entire playing career and Real Madrid lifting eight UEFA Champions League (UCL) titles! However, Unai Emery’s class of 2023 have the opportunity to smash through that glass ceiling after a stunning run of form that has propelled them into the race for European qualification.
- Nottingham Forest were the most recent victim, with a 2-0 success leaving the Villains in sixth place and unbeaten in seven outings (W6, D1). It really has been quite the transformation under Emery, given his side were in 16th and staring relegation in the face when he took the reins in November, but continental football is now on the cards for the first time since 2010/11.
- Looking to stop Villa in their tracks are Newcastle United, who will head to the West Midlands full of confidence – they have picked up more PL victories against Aston Villa than any other team, winning 24 of their 51 H2Hs (D16, L11). As if that’s not enough, the Magpies have also picked up five successive top-flight victories, making UCL qualification a more than realistic possibility.
- Eddie Howe’s side are now ten points clear of seventh, although the manager is warning his players not to take anything for granted, instead insisting “there are still a lot of challenges left.” This is despite only four of their remaining nine matches coming against teams currently in the top half of the PL.
- Players to watch: Aston Villa’s Ashley Young has never lost a home game against Newcastle (W7, D1). Looking to put a dent in that record will be striker Callum Wilson, who is undefeated in his last dozen goalscoring appearances for the Magpies (W8, D4).
- Hot stat: Newcastle have had more 0-0 draws (six) than any other PL team this season, including four away from home.