Nijmegen – Vitesse Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today EREDIVISIE: Nijmegen – Vitesse Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, April 16, 2023.
Football: NETHERLANDS: EREDIVISIE – ROUND 29
Kick-off: 11:15 Nijmegen – Vitesse
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:4 LOST
Nijmegen – Vitesse Prediction and Preview
- On Sunday, it will finally be time for the match that many denizens of Nijmegen or Arnhem would reschedule their own wedding for. NEC Nijmegen will compete against Vitesse Arnhem in its own Goffert Stadium for the second Gelderland Derby of the season. Since their financial takeover, Vitesse has finished higher in the rankings than their archrivals, but this time around NEC can hope for a place in European football, while Vitesse is involved in a relegation battle.
- NEC are indeed on the verge of finishing above the team from Arnhem for the first time since 2011 and hope to beat them on Sunday for the first time since 2016. In the previous edition of this historic derby, NEC playmaker Oussama Tannane was sent off against his former employer within half an hour. Tannane is currently battling an injury and doesn’t appear likely to recover in time to play 90 minutes on Sunday afternoon, though a substitute cameo could not be ruled out at time of publication.
- Last week, there was finally something to celebrate for Vitesse fans. After not having tasted victory for six matches in a row, they were too strong for Go Ahead Eagles (2-0) in the Gelredome stadium, where it was recently announced that it will remain Vitesse’s home base for coming years. Consequently after that vital victory, Vitesse started the round three points above the relegation zone and would be desperate to increase that margin with a victory in the derby.
- Another positive note is that Vitesse managed to keep their goal clean for the first time in seven games last week. The visitors, who had won only one away game this calendar year (D2, L4), will travel to Nijmegen knowing that NEC had lost only two of their fifteen home games this season (W3, D9).
- Players to watch: NEC’s Landry Dimata squandered some huge chances last week, but is still the club’s top scorer with eight league goals, six of them during this calendar year. Vitesse left back Maximilian Wittek shot his third goal of the season against the ropes last week and has also contributed six assists in the competition.
- Hot streak: Vitesse have conceded goals in each of their last ten competitive away games.