Blackpool – West Brom Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today CHAMPIONSHIP: Blackpool – West Brom Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, April 18, 2023.
Football: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 43
Kick-off: 19:45 Blackpool – West Brom
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:2 WON!!!
Blackpool – West Brom Prediction and Preview
- Blackpool’s slender survival hopes lived on for another day with a 1-0 win in a bottom-two battle against fellow strugglers Wigan. Relegation remains very much on the cards for the Seasiders given the four-point gap to safety with as many games remaining, yet caretaker manager Steven Dobbie believes his side have given themselves a “fighting chance” in this game against West Bromwich Albion after their narrow success at the weekend.
- A Bloomfield Road return may further stoke belief of a late push for safety as only two of the last ten visiting sides managed to get the better of the Tangerines on their own turf (Blackpool: W4, D4, L2). That’s not to mention the fact that the hosts are also unbeaten in their latest two home league H2Hs (W1, D1) and could extend that to three for the first time since 1965!
- Looking to avoid such a fate are a West Brom side who boosted their promotion prospects with a come-from-behind win in a Midlands derby against Stoke last time out! That victory also ended a woeful seven-game winless run of competitive away games for Carlos Corberán’s men (D1, L6) as the Spaniard praised his men for scoring goals with an admirable “desire, passion and mentality”.
- The Baggies are at the wrong end of the logjam of teams between sixth and 11th that were separated by just three points, but with 15 points left to play for, they could force the issue with another win here. Playing during the week shouldn’t particularly faze West Brom either, after a run of three straight wins without reply on Tuesday evening fixtures, including one against Blackpool in that sequence.
- Players to watch: Jerry Yates announced his return from injury for Blackpool with a fourth straight scoring appearance last round, and two of the goals therein were match openers within five minutes! A likely outlet for West Brom could be talented wideman Jed Wallace, as he has contributed to three goals during his perfect H2H record against the Seasiders (G2, A1).
- Hot stat: West Brom possess a meagre 31% win rate as pre-match outsiders in away league games this season (W5, D3, L8).