Blackburn – Coventry Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today CHAMPIONSHIP: Blackburn – Coventry Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, April 19, 2023.
Football: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 43
Kick-off: 19:45 Blackburn – Coventry
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Blackburn – Coventry Prediction and Preview
- Blackburn fans may not be feeling overly confident about their chances of seeing their first Premier League promotion in more than one decade after a failure to score at home to mid-table Hull City (0-0) saw them end the weekend with the Championship’s third-longest winless streak (D2, L2). Three uncharacteristic scoring blanks in April have left them on the verge of falling out of the top six and potentially being replaced by their upcoming opponents if it continues!
- After being expected to win by the bookmakers on three of those four occasions, their favouritism over their nearest rivals in the standings Coventry City cannot be taken for granted, especially after they also lost the reverse H2H 1-0 in November. Manager Jon Dahl Tomasson added himself to the pile of critics when lamenting a lack of “quality in the final third”.
- The home side have a game in hand on the majority of top-half clubs including Coventry, so the Sky Blues must take advantage of their opposition’s drop in form to claim what would be a thoroughly deserved spot in the all-important top six after a 3-0 win at relegation-threatened QPR. That left them enjoying the Championship’s third-longest unbeaten run away from home (W4, D3).
- It’s just reward for the previously embattled club that had to slog through six of their first seven Championship games on the road (D3, L3) due to stadium pitch issues, though the one thing missing is an away Championship win against a current top-ten club, something they’ll be hoping to snap ahead of a final round trip to Middlesbrough. Long-term manager Mark Robins, who boasts having lifted the club from League Two, is looking to secure successive personal H2H wins against Blackburn having not beaten them in any of his first eight attempts (D4, L4)!
- Players to watch: Blackburn forward Ryan Hedges remains their most recent goalscorer both in any competition and in their last win, whilst Viktor Gyökeres has now scored in five Championship away wins for Coventry.
- Hot streak: Blackburn’s last seven Championship home wins were by a single goal margin.