Luton – Middlesbrough Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today CHAMPIONSHIP: Luton – Middlesbrough Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, April 24, 2023.
Football: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 44
Kick-off: 20:00 Luton – Middlesbrough
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Luton – Middlesbrough Prediction and Preview
- It looked almost certain that Luton would be leapfrogged by Middlesbrough in midweek as they trailed against relegation-threatened Reading, yet a late equaliser kept them one point above fourth-placed their visitors. Both sides are already assured of their place in the play-offs with three games to go, although finishing third or fourth grants a favourable home second-leg in the semi-final, adding an extra layer of spice to this Monday night encounter.
- A Kenilworth Road return can only be seen as a positive for Luton, who have won six of their last eight matches here (W6, D1, L1). Rob Edwards may also seek solace from the fact that the Hatters haven’t lost a home H2H against Boro since 1974 (W3, D3), although only a winning continuation of that run would keep their incredibly faint top-two dream alive.
- The old cliché ‘it’s a game of two halves’ rang true in Middlesbrough’s midweek encounter with Hull as they trailed 1-0 at half-time before an incredible second-half blitz saw them run out 3-1 winners. That means Boro have now scored an incredible ten goals across the last three rounds and the cherry on top of the cake was Chuba Akpom breaking a Championship record with his ninth successive scoring home game!
- The free-scoring Akpom described boss Michael Carrick as “the manager I’ve been dreaming of”, which further emphasises the positive mood around Teesside. For all the plaudits Boro are rightly receiving of late, they entered this round having conceded more goals than a relegation-threatened Cardiff City, a bleak reference point that goes to show how their incredible scoring return of 82 league goals has brought them here.
- Players to watch: Carlton Morris scored in a third successive game to keep Luton above Boro in midweek and he now has the chance to make it four consecutive scoring appearances for the very first time. As for Boro, Cameron Archer has been a menace to Championship defences, clocking up 15 goal contributions in just 17 league appearances for the club (G9, A6), including three goals in his last two matches.
- Hot stat: All five of Middlesbrough’s league games against sides currently above them saw both teams score and at least three match goals (W2, D1, L2).