Inter – Lazio Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today SERIE A: Inter – Lazio Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, April 30, 2023.
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 32
Kick-off: 11:30 Inter – Lazio
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:1 WON!!!
Inter – Lazio Prediction and Preview
- Inter Milan are the only Italian top-flight club still fighting on three fronts, with their progression to the UEFA Champions League (UCL) semi-finals now coupled with a Coppa Italia final. The Nerazzurri wrapped up a 2-1 aggregate victory against Juventus to advance in midweek, with boss Simone Inzaghi describing his side’s approach “excellent”, but they’ve been far from that in Serie A (SA) of late, winning just one of their last six league outings (D1, L4) as their top-six spot now looks precarious.
- Despite victory there in midweek, the San Siro has been far from a safe haven for Inter recently, as they’ve lost each of their last three SA matches on home soil by a 1-0 scoreline. A fourth defeat would be their longest such streak this century, and would further damage their top-four push as the Nerazzurri sit two points adrift of the UCL places ahead of this round. The visit of Lazio should inspire confidence as Inter have won each of the last three league meetings on their own turf, forming part of an incredibly strong overall H2H record as hosts (W46, D29, L11).
- Lazio arrive in Milan after seeing their eight-match SA unbeaten run ended by a 1-0 defeat to Torino last week. Boss Maurizio Sarri was left furious in the aftermath, insisting “the refereeing influenced things”, but perspective may be needed as his side remain in pole position to finish as best of the rest in Italy behind runaway leaders Napoli.
- The Eagles should be confident of bouncing back here as they do tend to travel well, not conceding a single goal across their last five SA road trips (W4, D1). Their 11 clean sheets on the road is the most in the division, while 21 goals conceded across all league games makes their defensive record the joint-second best return in Europe’s top-five leagues. That should mean confidence is high of securing a league double after winning the reverse fixture 3-1, as Lazio aim to qualify to the UCL for just the second time since 2007/08.
- Players to watch: On his last meeting with Lazio at the San Siro, Romelu Lukaku scored twice and assisted another as Inter ran out 3-1 winners in February 2021. Lazio’s Sergej Milinković-Savić could be the man to respond, as his five career goals against Inter are his joint-best tally against any side.
- Hot stat: Lazio are fast starters, scoring ten in the first 15 minutes of SA games this term while conceding none – both the best in the division.