Rotherham – Middlesbrough Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today CHAMPIONSHIP: Rotherham – Middlesbrough Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, May 1, 2023.
Football: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 45
Kick-off: 13:00 Rotherham – Middlesbrough
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Rotherham – Middlesbrough Prediction and Preview
- Whilst the country celebrates the May Day bank holiday, Rotherham United aren’t far away from calling ‘mayday, mayday, mayday’ after a 2-1 defeat to Cardiff left them just three points above the drop zone ahead of this round. A superior goal difference over those below at the conclusion of the last round means that the Millers can all but ensure their safety with victory here.
- A final day showdown with Wigan awaits Rotherham following this clash against a Middlesbrough side with nothing tangible to play for, so taking advantage of that here could prove crucial. Rotherham may take confidence from the fact they’ve defeated a few sides still in play-off contention at home this season, but they’re yet to defeat any top-five side on their own turf ahead of the round (D2, L2).
- A 2-1 defeat against Luton in the previous round ended the mathematical possibility of automatic promotion and has consigned Michael Carrick’s men to what will likely be a fourth-placed finish. Carrick knows all too well about the heartache the play-offs can bring, having lost in the final as a West Ham player back in 2004, so bouncing back to build momentum ahead of the semi-final is now the priority.
- Improving on a run of just one win from Boro’s last five away games certainly feels needed with their semi-final first leg set to take place on the road (W1, D1, L3). The New York Stadium isn’t guaranteed to be a happy hunting ground despite its occupants’ lowly position as Boro have already lost three of their five away trips to sides beginning the round in 19th or below (W2, L3).
- Players to watch: Chiedozie Ogbene scored Rotherham’s first or only goal in each of his last four scoring appearances, yet none of those games ended in victory (D2, L2)! Although Middlesbrough boast the Championship Player of the Year in Chuba Akpom (G28), Cameron Archer deserves some of the spotlight after directly contributing to 16 goals in just 15 league starts for the club (G10, A6).
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips:
Match Preview: Urartu - Ararat Yerevan Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Hamburger SV - Stuttgart Prediction and Betting Tips | BUNDESLIGA
Match Preview: Twente - Heerenveen Prediction and Betting Tips | EREDIVISIE
Match Preview: Manchester City - Manchester Utd Prediction and Betting Tips | FA CUP