Almeria – Elche Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today LALIGA: Almeria – Elche Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, May 2, 2023.
Football: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 33
Kick-off: 18:30 Almeria – Elche
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Almeria – Elche Prediction and Preview
- Almería rested several players for their 4-2 La Liga (LL) defeat against Real Madrid on Saturday with this clash against bottom side Elche in mind, so they’ll hope the gamble pays off. Netting twice against the reigning champions should give them heart as they continue their bid to stay clear of the relegation zone and remain unbeaten against the four sides below them this term (W4, D2).
- After losing their last home outing, Almería have won just one of their previous four league games (D1, L2) at the Estadio de los Juegos Mediterráneos, but at least they’re yet to repeat the same result in two consecutive LL home fixtures this calendar year (W3, D2, L4)! Losing the last two home H2Hs isn’t inspiring either and they haven’t kept a clean sheet here against Elche since October 2011 (W4, D2, L4)!
- Elche’s thumping 4-0 win over Rayo Vallecano on Saturday was an eye-catching way to end a run of six straight LL defeats, but as they’re 17 points behind the 17th-placed side, it has likely come far too late to save their top-flight status. La Liga 2 beckons for 2023/24 unless they can overturn the odds and win all six remaining league games this term and have other results go their way!
- After losing each of their last four league away fixtures while scoring just once, their relegation will therefore be confirmed here unless they claim their second LL road win of the season (D3, L12). Although their good recent record at this ground offers a sliver of hope, with Almería back to full strength, the end of Elche’s three-season stay in Spain’s first tier seems nigh.
- Players to watch: Lucas Robertone’s goal against Madrid was his ninth LL goal contribution this term (G2, A7), the first of which was an assist against Elche back in August. Meanwhile, Elche’s Tete Morente scored his last two goals between the 40th minute and half-time.
- Hot stat: Elche have scored just twice in LL away games this term in the first 30 minutes.