Girona – Mallorca Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today LALIGA: Girona – Mallorca Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, May 4, 2023.
Football: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 33
Kick-off: 18:30 Girona – Mallorca
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WIN!!!
Girona – Mallorca Prediction and Preview
- European football next term remains a possibility for Girona considering they’ve lost just one of their last seven La Liga (LL) fixtures (W4, D2) following Monday night’s 2-0 win over Sevilla. They’ll probably need some favourable results from other sides, but heading into matchday 33 within striking distance of seventh place – which will offer a European place should Real Madrid win the Copa del Rey – is a scenario few expected after promotion last term.
- Key to their late-season success has been their form as hosts, suffering just one defeat in six home league games (W5), a run which includes a 4-2 victory over reigning champions Real Madrid in their last home game. Matches here haven’t been short of action either as there’ve been three red cards shown across Girona’s last three home league fixtures, all of which they won by scoring at least twice.
- Mallorca were seconds away from beating Athletic Bilbao on Monday night – a result which would also have helped Girona – so will see the eventual 1-1 draw as two points dropped after they conceded with the last kick of the game. Starting the round just outside the top half, Mallorca are comfortably on course to better last season’s 16th-place finish.
- However, if anything is going to jeopardise that, it could be their travelling form as Mallorca have suffered seven defeats across their last nine LL away games (W1, D1), with a return just one clean sheet during that sequence going some way to explaining their plight. However, they did win 1-0 here last term courtesy of a fifth-minute strike, and having scored first in each of their last two away games, another good start could lead to a repeat.
- Players to watch: Fresh from making history by scoring four times against Madrid, Taty Castellanos netted again on Monday with his sixth goal in his last three appearances. Mallorca’s man in form is Lee Kang-In, who’s netted three times across their last three fixtures, twice between the 55th and 60th minute.
- Hot streak: Each of the last 11 H2Hs produced under 2.5 goals (Mallorca: W4, D4, L3).
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips:
Match Preview: Urartu - Ararat Yerevan Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Hamburger SV - Stuttgart Prediction and Betting Tips | BUNDESLIGA
Match Preview: Twente - Heerenveen Prediction and Betting Tips | EREDIVISIE
Match Preview: Manchester City - Manchester Utd Prediction and Betting Tips | FA CUP