Waalwijk – FC Volendam Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today EREDIVISIE: Waalwijk – FC Volendam Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, May 4, 2023.
Football: NETHERLANDS: EREDIVISIE – ROUND 31
Kick-off: 19:00 Waalwijk – FC Volendam
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 4:1 WON!!!
Waalwijk – FC Volendam Prediction and Preview
- RKC Waalwijk will have the honour of hosting the resumption of the Eredivisie competition after last Friday evening’s KNVB Cup final took centre stage. The Waalwijkers are welcoming FC Volendam and taking on the resumption of the competition after last week’s cup final on Friday evening. Level on points with eighth-placed NEC Nijmegen and tenth-placed Heerenveen heading into this round, their final four games will all be cut-throat.
- Since NEC and Heerenveen take one another on later in the round, this presents an outstanding opportunity for Waalwijk to potentially leapfrog them both. Given RKC’s home form, they should be confident of adding three points in Waalwijk, just as they have done in five of their last seven home matches (L2). But with five losses from their last seven league games overall, and 15 goals conceded in that period, a lot of work will need to be done.
- Volendam have improved sharply in the second half of the season compared with the first, but they still need a few extra points to be assured of their survival. They dealt an important blow to SC Cambuur last round (2-0), moving two points clear of the relegation zone as a result. Damon Mirani, who previously had just one Eredivisie goal to his name, was responsible for both goals.
- Even prior to that, Cambuur were the only side that Volendam had managed to beat away from home in league football this season (D5, L9), which doesn’t bode well for their two remaining trips. They can, however, draw confidence from having won seven of the last 11 H2H meetings (D2, L2).
- Players to watch: Michiel Kramer was in very strong form prior to the week off with five goals across his last four matches. Volendam’s Carel Eiting delivered his ninth assist of the Eredivisie season in the previous round, and one of the previous eight was in the reverse fixture against RKC.
- Hot stat: FC Volendam have just two clean sheets to their name from their last 22 competitive matches.