Birmingham – Sheffield Utd Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today CHAMPIONSHIP: Birmingham – Sheffield Utd Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, May 8, 2023.
Football: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 46
Kick-off: 15:00 Birmingham – Sheffield Utd
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: PENDING
Birmingham – Sheffield Utd Prediction and Preview
- John Eustace is urging Birmingham’s players to finish the season on a high as they look to bounce back from successive defeats. Unless there is a huge swing in goal difference, the Blues are set to end the campaign in 16th or 17th place, so the pressure is off for the visit of already promoted Sheffield United, where the manager wants a “positive” climax to the campaign.
- The hosts do still have something to play for, though, as a draw or victory would take them to their highest Championship points total since 2015/16. To achieve that, they will need to improve on their recent form of three defeats from four matches (W1), while they have worryingly won only one of their 11 matches against teams currently in the top six (D5, L5).
- If Birmingham fans are looking for a good omen, then perhaps they can take it from their visitors managing just two victories from the last 12 H2Hs (D4, L6). The Blades also head to St Andrews on the back of a 1-0 defeat to Huddersfield on Thursday, a third successive match away from Bramall Lane which they have lost ‘to nil’.
- The performance at the John Smith’s Stadium perhaps highlighted how little United have left to play for this season, with Paul Heckingbottom admitting they lacked the “edge” required to get a result. The boss, who has been named the Championship’s Manager of the Month for April, is keen to see a response, but with second spot already sewn up, he also admits that “playing two games a week relentlessly for a long time” may have caught up on his tired players.
- Key battle: Birmingham striker Lukas Jutkiewicz, who has scored just five league goals this season, is also looking to net against Sheffield United for the first time at the tenth attempt (W3, D5, L1). Attempting to out-score him may be Oli McBurnie, who has bagged a career joint-high five goals in six clashes with the Blues (W2, D3, L1).
- Hot stat: Birmingham have scored a Championship-high of 14 goals in the opening 15 minutes of their league matches this season.