AC Milan – Inter Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: AC Milan – Inter Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, May 9, 2023.
Football: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – PLAY OFFS – SEMI-FINALS
Kick-off: 20:00 AC Milan – Inter
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:2 WIN!!!
AC Milan – Inter Prediction and Preview
- Inter Milan and AC Milan meet in the UEFA Champions League (UCL) for the first time since 2005, a tie that went Milan’s way after the second leg was abandoned as Inter fans launched flares onto the playing area. With everyone hoping the football makes the headlines this time around, the two clubs compete in the fourth Derby della Madonnina of the season with neither side assured of UCL qualification next term via the league.
- That adds extra spice to Milan’s second consecutive all-Italian UCL tie, as they overcame Napoli, the side which has just claimed the Serie A crown, 2-1 on aggregate in the quarter-finals. They’re unbeaten since doing so (W2, D2) and with all four of those matches producing exactly two goals, there’s every reason to expect a cagey start to this semi-final.
- But it’s Inter who have had the better of recent H2H contests (W3, D1, L1) and after seeing off Benfica 5-3 on aggregate to get this far, they’ll look to build on winning three of the last four meetings with their fellow San Siro residents ‘to nil’ (L1). Whilst they seemingly have the advantage based on recent overall H2H meetings, they haven’t won as the ‘away side’ at the San Siro since February 2021 (D2, L1) as they bid to repeat winning the quarter-final first leg 2-0 against Benfica in Portugal.
- Despite being the nominated away side on the day, Inter will start as favourites after winning their last five matches, four of them without conceding, while they’re also unbeaten in seven competitive away games (W4, D3). They still know they face a tough challenge against their fiercest rivals to make that eight, with defender Matteo Darmian saying after beating Roma 2-0 on Saturday: “We know that we’ll have to produce a very focused performance.”
- Players to watch: Olivier Giroud scored the opener in Milan’s second leg against Napoli with his fifth UCL goal of the season, four of which arrived between the 40th and 60th minute. Lautaro Martínez has scored four goals across Inter’s last three games, three times after the 75th minute.
- Hot stat: Three of the last four H2Hs produced more goals before half-time than after.