Leeds – Newcastle Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today PREMIER LEAGUE: Leeds – Newcastle Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, May 12, 2023.
Football: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 36
Kick-off: 12:30 Leeds – Newcastle
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:2 WON!!!
Leeds – Newcastle Prediction and Preview
- There was no room for sentiment as ‘Big Sam’ Allardyce began his four-game Leeds tenure by controversially dropping goalkeeper Illan Meslier for Joel Robles in a hard-fought 2-1 defeat at the hands of Manchester City. Keeping the likely champions to just a single goal margin is arguably an achievement in itself, with Allardyce leaving the Etihad with “a lot of hope” following that dogged performance.
- Results elsewhere meant that Leeds dropped into the bottom three, but with their relegation rivals playing later, Leeds have an opportunity to provisionally move above Everton to a position of relative safety with a win over Newcastle. The Yorkshire club can take heart from a goalless draw in the reverse H2H, but they really need to score their first goal against the Tynesiders since their Saudi takeover (D1, L1) to boost their quickly fading hopes.
- Newcastle’s own hopes of securing Champions League group stage football for the first time since 2002/03 took a blow last round as forlorn title chasers Arsenal ran out 2-0 winners to end a three-game winning run. Magpies boss Eddie Howe was left to rue some missed chances, but has called for the faithful supporters to “stay united” as fate ultimately remains in their own hands with 12 points left to play for.
- Playing away from home is unlikely to faze Howe’s men after they picked up 12 of the last 15 points available on their travels (W4, L1). Providing a further boost to the Toons’ away day joy is the fact they’re unbeaten against every side placed ninth or worse in their own backyards heading into this round (W7, D3), which includes scoring 3+ goals against four of the five lowest-ranked sides.
- Players to watch: Rodrigo recorded the first Leeds goal of the Allardyce era, yet it was the fourth game from his last six scoring appearances that his team failed to win (W2, D2, L2). As for Newcastle, Callum Wilson has registered doubles in two of their last three games (G4), yet he’s never enjoyed a goal or victory in five personal meetings with Leeds (D1, L4).
- Hot stat: Leeds have won just one home league game as pre-match home outsiders this season (W1, D2, L4).
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips:
Match Preview: Urartu - Ararat Yerevan Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Hamburger SV - Stuttgart Prediction and Betting Tips | BUNDESLIGA
Match Preview: Twente - Heerenveen Prediction and Betting Tips | EREDIVISIE
Match Preview: Manchester City - Manchester Utd Prediction and Betting Tips | FA CUP