Vitesse – Cambuur Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today EREDIVISIE: Vitesse – Cambuur Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, May 14, 2023.
Football: NETHERLANDS: EREDIVISIE – ROUND 32
Kick-off: 11:15 Vitesse – Cambuur
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
Vitesse – Cambuur Prediction and Preview
- Vitesse Arnhem are still not assured a place in next season’s Eredivisie, but this weekend they have the perfect opportunity to increase their lead over their nearest competitors. On paper, this should at least be the easiest game of their season – at home to last-placed Cambuur, particularly as the visitors have nothing to gain. Vitesse boast an impressive recent H2H record against Cambuur that looks set to continue.
- They won each of the last six meetings, five of which were accompanied by a multiple goal margin, but manager Phillip Cocu is aware of the dangers of facing a side with nothing to lose: “There is no pressure on Cambuur. The knife is at our throat, so to speak.”
- There is indeed little honour to be gained for the imminently relegated club, who have not improved on the pitch despite the circumstances they now face. After losing their last seven games, the four most recent of which saw them also fail to score, they can only finish above 17th-placed FC Groningen at best. They even remain one point behind where they were at this stage of the last top flight season that saw them relegated (2015/16).
- Being at the bottom of the standings often comes with being the worst in the competition at one or more key stats, and for Cambuur it is their goalscoring. They have managed to find the back of the net just 21 times from their 31 games, at least six fewer than all other clubs heading into this round. Their goals scored and points earned per game average is marginally better away from home, but that’s of cold comfort ahead of the drop.
- Players to watch: Vitesse left back Maximilian Wittek has been one of their most productive players this season, with three goals and six assists in the league. One of those assists came in the reverse H2H. Meanwhile, Cambuur goalkeeper Robbin Ruiter has not been able to keep his goal untouched for ten games in a row.
- Hot stat: Cambuur conceded at least two goals in nine of their last ten matches.