Luton – Sunderland Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today CHAMPIONSHIP: Luton – Sunderland Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, May 16, 2023.
Football: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – PLAY OFFS – SEMI-FINALS
Kick-off: 20:00 Luton – Sunderland
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
Luton – Sunderland Prediction and Preview
- Following a 2-1 away loss last weekend, Luton Town’s hopes of a trip to Wembley Stadium hang by a thread ahead of their return home for the second leg of their Championship play-off semi-final against Sunderland. Luton took the lead, as they did in the two regular season H2Hs, only for Sunderland to come storming back with goals either side of half-time. That put an end to the home side’s 14-game unbeaten streak (W8, D6).
- The Hatters have therefore still never won an EFL play-off game (D3, L4), after three failed semi-final attempts in 1997, 2017, and 2022. Manager Rob Edwards conceded after the away loss that Sunderland “have got some momentum” as a result, but is confident that Luton will make best use of their own home ground advantage. A recent record of five wins from their last six home games (D1) suggests they’re still well in the tie.
- Sunderland have one foot in the door with that first leg win extending their unbeaten streak to ten games (W5, D5), hinting that they are potentially peaking at just the right time. Tony Mowbray’s men should therefore be full of confidence ahead of this return leg, while their dreams of back-to-back promotions are boosted further when considering their experience of participating in four EFL play-off settings in the last five seasons.
- If that isn’t enough encouragement, the Black Cats can also rely on their almost impeccable H2H record which posts only one defeat to Luton in the last 14 encounters (W8, D5). As visitors, they’ve found the winning formula in their recent travels, going unbeaten in their last five away assignments (W4, D1) while also boasting four clean sheets.
- Players to watch: Luton’s Elijah Adebayo scored the opening goal in the first leg, taking his tally of scoring his side’s first goal to ten times from his last 13 goalscoring outings. Meanwhile, Sunderland’s Amad Diallo broke character with his first-half equaliser at the Stadium of Light, with that being only the third of his last 13 goals to be scored before half-time.
- Hot stat: The half-time result has been replicated at the full-time whistle in eight of Luton’s last 11 matches.
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips:
Match Preview: Urartu - Ararat Yerevan Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Hamburger SV - Stuttgart Prediction and Betting Tips | BUNDESLIGA
Match Preview: Twente - Heerenveen Prediction and Betting Tips | EREDIVISIE
Match Preview: Manchester City - Manchester Utd Prediction and Betting Tips | FA CUP