Newcastle – Brighton Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today PREMIER LEAGUE: Newcastle – Brighton Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, May 18, 2023.
Football: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 25
Kick-off: 19:30 Newcastle – Brighton
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 4:1 WON!!!
Newcastle – Brighton Prediction and Preview
- Following a controversial 2-2 Premier League (PL) draw at Leeds in which he was assaulted by a spectator, Newcastle boss Eddie Howe insisted his side will fight right to the end to secure Champions League football for the first time in two decades. The Magpies boss says they are “prepared” for whatever their final three games have to throw at them, as they look to bounce back from dropping points in their last two outings (D1, L1).
- That trio of games starts with the visit of Brighton, where Newcastle know they will mathematically secure a spot in the UEFA Europa League (UEL) at worst by avoiding what could be back-to-back defeats at St James’ Park for the first time since October 2021. Howe has suffered just three losses to opponents other than the league’s “big six” clubs in his 62 PL games in charge of Newcastle, so he should be confident of at least two positive results on the run home.
- Some supporters might not be too confident of beating the Seagulls, though, given the South Coast outfit have lost just one of the 11 Premier League (PL) meetings between the two sides (W4, D6). Brighton also hammered Arsenal 3-0 in their previous game, and as a consequence they remain on course to qualify for European football for the first time in their history.
- That result left Roberto De Zerbi’s side in sixth place on 58 points, which he admits “is not enough” if they want to be playing in the UEL next season. He will therefore be attempting to extend Brighton’s club-best tally of eight away PL victories in a single campaign, three of which have come in their last five outings on the road (L2).
- Key battle: Newcastle goalkeeper Nick Pope kept clean sheets in half of his ten H2Hs with Brighton, but has only been on the winning side once (D6, L3) thanks to four 0-0 draws! He will be looking to thwart Seagulls midfielder Pascal Groß, who has won each of the last ten appearances in which he has scored.
- Hot stat: Brighton are the only team in the PL who have seen at least two goals in all of their away games.