Elche – Sevilla Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today LALIGA: Elche – Sevilla Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, May 24, 2023.
Football: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 36
Kick-off: 18:30 Elche – Sevilla
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Elche – Sevilla Prediction and Preview
- The weight of expectation has been lifted off the shoulders of the Elche playing squad, and it appears to be translating into some more positive results. A 1-1 La Liga (LL) draw away to Getafe last round was enough to seal their long-anticipated relegation, but it also continued their most profitable period of the season following back-to-back home wins against Vallecano (4-0) and Atlético Madrid (1-0).
- The home faithful will be grappling between whether to enjoy these rare victorious moments or lament that they’ve come far too late when heading to the Estadio Manuel Martínez Valero for Elche’s penultimate LL home game. Current Elche boss Sebastián Beccacece, who has previously described his stewardship of this team as a long-term “investment”, insists the team are approaching every game “as a final” rather than taking a nothing to lose approach.
- It’ll be fascinating to see how Sevilla, one of three clubs (alongside Barcelona and Real Madrid) to have beaten Elche by a 3+ goal margin this calendar year, treat the remainder of their LL season with a UEFA Europa League final sure to take some priority. Already enjoying the best start of any manager in Sevilla’s history, the opportunity for caretaker boss José Luis Mendilibar to etch himself into club folklore deserves some of his attention.
- The reactions of bitter disappointment from the playing squad to Sunday evening’s 0-0 draw with Real Betis suggests they haven’t turned any focus away from LL just yet, particularly with seventh place (UEFA Europa Conference League qualification) just two points away heading into the round. Following four consecutive LL away wins ‘to nil’, another trip could be what they need to quickly put a derby disappointment behind them.
- Players to watch: Elche will be hoping Lucas Boyé is rediscovering his best form, particularly as he has scored in three of their last five LL games that were won or drawn. For the visitors, Youssef En-Nesyri has scored Sevilla’s first goal 11 times across all competitions this season, including in the reverse H2H.
- Hot streak: Elche have completed 54 consecutive LL games without a 0-0 draw, whilst Sevilla’s 0-0 against Betis was their first of this LL season.