Sampdoria – Sassuolo Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today SERIE A: Sampdoria – Sassuolo Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, May 26, 2023.
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 37
Kick-off: 19:45 Sampdoria – Sassuolo
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:2 WON!!!
Sampdoria – Sassuolo Prediction and Preview
- Down and also very much out, Sampdoria can’t wait until this Serie A (SA) ends after more salt was rubbed into their relegation wound when they were mauled 5-1 by AC Milan last time out. Their 24th SA loss of the season came at a cost just when you thought things couldn’t get any worse, as they reclaimed the tag of the league’s worst defence along with having the SA’s most paltry attack.
- La Samp now seem destined to finish bottom of SA for the first time ever, unless they miraculously catch Cremonese who sit six points above them and overtake them on goal difference. The only solace for Dejan Stanković’s men is they’ve already done enough to outdo Chievo Verona’s haul of 17 points in 2018/19, which remains the lowest points tally in the three-points-for-a-win era since SA returned to 20 teams in 2004.
- The Stadio Luigi Ferraris’ next visitors are Sassuolo, who after doing the hard work of ensuring their safety for another top-flight season, have fallen into a four-game winless run (D1, L3). The last of which saw them concede in the 93rd minute to lose 2-1 to Monza, which means they’ve now dropped a mammoth 20 points when scoring first this season.
- Alessio Dionisi’s troops have dropped the ball on the road lately too, losing each of their last four away matches. That proves they could make life hard for themselves here despite their hosts’ diabolical form, especially since Sassuolo are one of only three teams to lose to Sampdoria this season after suffering a 2-1 defeat in the reverse fixture.
- Key battle: Sampdoria defender Tommaso Augello scored the winner that day, and will look to bolster his side’s defensive efforts having kept clean sheets in half of his six SA H2Hs. He’ll have to keep tabs on Sassuolo’s Domenico Berardi then, who’s scored two hat-tricks against Sampdoria previously, while his strike in the reverse fixture also increased his tally to nine goals in 13 H2Hs.
- Hot stat: Sassuolo have seen ten of their 12 SA wins this season come by a one-goal margin.