Czech Republic U21 – Germany U21 Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today EURO U21: Czech Republic U21 – Germany U21 Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, June 25, 2023.
Football: EURO U21 – ROUND 2
Kick-off: 17:00 Czech Republic U21 – Germany U21
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Czech Republic U21 – Germany U21 Prediction and Preview
- Czech Republic lost their UEFA European Under-21 Championship opener against England 2-0, making it vitally important they get something out of their second Group C clash with Germany. The 2002 winners have failed to negotiate their passage to the knockout stages in each of their last three appearances at this tournament, leaving Jan Suchopárek’s side in somewhat familiar territory.
- There is reason to be optimistic though as England are the only side to have beaten them in a competitive fixture since they lost 2-0 to Spain back in March 2021 (W8, D2 against others). However, they haven’t won any of their last six games (D3, L3), which is a worry as the Little Lions prepare to play a German side they haven’t beaten at this level since September 2009 (D3, L1).
- Germany opened their campaign with a frustrating 1-1 draw against an Israel side that played the entire second half with ten men, meaning the three points were there for the taking, particularly as they missed penalties both before and after half-time! The three-time tournament winners have now drawn each of their last three 90 minute games, but interestingly drew two group matches in 2021 and still went on to win the title.
- It’s now ten years since Antonio Di Salvo’s side failed to get out of the group stage of this competition so they’ll expect to do the business here given their solid, if not spectacular, H2H record against the Czechs. Each of the last four meetings produced exactly two goals – as did both sides’ tournament openers – so chances are another closely-fought contest is on the cards.
- Key battle: Czech forward Daniel Fila finished the domestic campaign with three goals in as many games for Teplice, completing the scoring in each goalscoring appearance. Aiming to shackle him, Germany defender Yann Aurel Bisseck may have half an eye on outdoing the Czech frontman given he’s netted in two of his last three appearances for club and country.
- Hot stat: The slow-starting Czechs have scored just one first-half goal across their last six games (D3, L3).