Canada – Guadeloupe Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today GOLD CUP: Canada – Guadeloupe Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, June 28, 2023.
Football: NORTH & CENTRAL AMERICA: GOLD CUP – ROUND 1
Kick-off: 00:00 Canada – Guadeloupe
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:2 WON!!!
Canada – Guadeloupe Prediction and Preview
- Two-time CONCACAF Gold Cup champions Canada open their 2023 campaign against outsiders Guadeloupe aiming to improve upon both their semi-final exit two years ago and their group stage exit the last time they co-hosted with the United States in 2015. They also lost the CONCACAF Nations League final 2-0 to the USA earlier this month, making that another score to potentially settle down the line.
- Hosting this opener should help the Canucks as they haven’t lost an international in Canada since Mexico beat them 3-0 in a World Cup qualifier in March 2016, and have won their last three games on Canadian turf, scoring exactly four times on each occasion. They’ve never hosted Guadeloupe before though, with both previous H2Hs (W1, L1) coming on American soil.
- Guadeloupe earned their place at this Gold Cup by beating Antigua & Barbuda 5-0 and Guyana 2-0 having closed their Nations League campaign with a pair of 1-0 defeats. Although they don’t have an official FIFA ranking and start among the outsiders, the Gwada Boys have some notable Gold Cup pedigree as they memorably reached the semi-finals in 2007.
- They beat Canada 2-1 en route to the last four back then, with current manager Jocelyn Angloma getting on the scoresheet, but that remains their Gold Cup high point as their last two appearances (2011, 2021) saw them exit at the group stage without earning a single point. Angloma’s men have a mixed recent record on foreign soil (W3, L5), but those two preliminary wins prior to this tournament should at least boost confidence ahead of this opener.
- Players to watch: Jonathan Osorio completed the scoring against Honduras in Canada’s last fixture on home soil and his nation have never lost a game in which he’s scored (W7, D1). If Guadeloupe are to pull off an upset, Matthias Phaëton could be key after scoring and assisting against Antigua & Barbuda.
- Hot streak: Canada have won their last three Gold Cup openers by scoring exactly four goals in each game.