Georgia U21 – Israel U21 Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today EURO U21: Georgia U21 – Israel U21 Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, July 1, 2023.
Football: EURO U21 – PLAY OFFS – QUARTER-FINALS
Kick-off: 17:00 Georgia U21 – Israel U21
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:0 LOST
Georgia U21 – Israel U21 Prediction and Preview
- Whilst Georgia only qualified for their first ever UEFA European Under-21 Championship by virtue of co-hosting the tournament, they’ve proven they’re not just here to make up the numbers. A 2-0 win over Portugal followed by a pair of draws against the Netherlands and Belgium saw them top Group A and book their place in this historic quarter-final encounter against Group C’s second-placed side, Israel.
- The Georgians let a one-goal lead slip when drawing their final group game, yet that stalemate means they can now match their longest ever unbeaten run at the U21 Euros of six-games between 2017-2018. They’ll head into this game as favourites backed by a partisan home crowd, but keeping a H2H clean sheet for the first time at the fourth attempt may prove crucial to Georgia’s quest (W1, L2) in what will be a maiden competitive meeting between the sides.
- The visitors travel to Tbilisi after reaching their first quarter-finals thanks to a goal at the death to earn Israel’s youngsters a memorable 1-0 win against the Czech Republic. This tie will see one of these nations reach a semi-final in this tournament for the first time ever, but for Israel, this side has already eclipsed the 2013 team that picked up four points in an unsuccessful group stage when they last hosted this tournament.
- Even that 2013 team produced well known stars such as the prolific Mu’nas Dabbur and the current senior captain Eli Dasa, so there will more than likely be some diamonds amongst this “Young Chosen Team”. If they want to follow in their predecessor’s footsteps, they must work to improve on a rotten run of just one win across the last seven games (W1, D3, L3), though the last time they won back-to-back games, the second came against Georgia!
- Players to watch: Bordeaux and Georgia starlet Zuriko Davitashvili has made his presence felt for the senior and U21 setups during June, scoring in this tournament and EURO 2024 qualifying! One of the hottest prospects in Europe will take the field for Israel in the form of 19-year-old Oscar Gloukh, who has scored for the senior side and crucially assisted twice for the U21s since the beginning of June.
- Hot streak: None of Georgia’s last ten U21 Euros matches – including qualifiers – have produced a goalless first-half.