Canada – Cuba Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today GOLD CUP: Canada – Cuba Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, July 4, 2023.
Football: NORTH & CENTRAL AMERICA: GOLD CUP – ROUND 3
Kick-off: 23:30 Canada – Cuba
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: PENDING
Canada – Cuba Prediction and Preview
- Canada limped to a goalless draw against Guatemala in their second match of the CONCACAF Gold Cup Group D, leaving their fate of progression on the result of this final match against Cuba. Manager John Herdman called it “exciting for the fans” but the co-hosts must win this game to have any chance of qualification, and with a victory would be left in a three-way tie if Guatemala and Guadeloupe draw in the other finale of the group.
- Such a scenario would put the onus on goal difference followed by the number of goals scored, and the Canadians would therefore hope they can find their scoring touch in time to end a current three-game winless run (D2, L1). The home camp should remain confident considering they have won the last six H2Hs with Cuba, scoring at least thrice without reply in three of the four most recent games in that sequence.
- A 4-1 loss to Guadeloupe on matchday two made it six consecutive defeats in this competition for Cuba and a seventh group-stage exit across their last ten last appearances, leaving nothing but pride to play for in this match. Yet, with an unwanted record of zero wins in six of their nine prior Gold Cup appearances, history isn’t an ally for Cuba’s coach Pablo Elier Sánchez who is now plotting to halt a current four-game losing run.
- The defeat to Guadeloupe came with one silver lining when Cuba found the net for the first time in those four defeats, and extending that scoring run could see them not only begin correcting the aforementioned H2H historical trend, but also bring to an end a 15-game losing streak against North American opposition (GF4, GA59).
- Players to watch: Lucas Cavallini, who scored Canada’s first goal of this tournament, netted a first-half hat-trick in a 7-0 rout when these sides met in the 2019 Gold Cup, coincidentally on matchday three. Cuba’s hopes of an upset may rally around Luis Paradela whose last three national goals have come in wins.
- Hot stat: Eight of Canada’s last nine matches have seen the half-time result replicated at full-time.