Costa Rica – Martinique Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today GOLD CUP: Costa Rica – Martinique Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, July 5, 2023.
Football: NORTH & CENTRAL AMERICA: GOLD CUP – ROUND 3
Kick-off: 01:30 Costa Rica – Martinique
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 6:4 WON!!!
Costa Rica – Martinique Prediction and Preview
- With the highest FIFA world ranking in Group C, Costa Rica supporters would have been entitled to expect their team to make it into the knockout phase of the 2023 CONCACAF Gold Cup. Instead, Los Ticos are staring down the barrel of just a second-ever group-stage elimination in the competition, having stuttered in their opening two group games (D1, L1).
- Their goalshy nature perhaps explains their poor return so far, as the only time Luis Fernando Suárez’s men have found the back of the net in Group C was through the boss’ namesake Aarón Suárez – and even that was only a consolation in their 2-1 defeat to Panama. Even if they were to finally secure a victory against Martinique, the three-time Gold Cup winners are still not assured of qualification.
- Martinique, meanwhile, can guarantee only their second-ever progression to the last eight of this tournament if they emerge victorious at the Red Bull Arena in Harrison, with their only other quarter-final appearance coming in 2002. Head coach Marc Collat went one better than that in the 2019 edition, sensationally taking the unfancied Haiti to the semi-finals, but while the oldest boss at the 16-team tournament seems to have the Midas touch in the Gold Cup, he has his work cut out to rally the troops after a 2-1 defeat to Panama last time out.
- Despite being considered part of France and therefore not eligible to compete in any FIFA competitions, Martinique are showing that you can still thrive on the international stage. Victory over Costa Rica would be one of the most significant sporting achievements in the island’s history and would also represent payback having lost all four of their previous H2Hs, the latest of which was a 2-1 defeat in March.
- Players to watch: Former Arsenal forward Joel Campbell is Costa Rica’s second-highest active appearance maker after Celso Borges and opened the scoring in their 2-0 H2H victory of June 2022. For Martinique, Kévin Fortuné is the highest scorer in the squad with four goals from 14 caps, the latest of which served as the game winner against El Salvador.
- Hot streak: Costa Rica failed to score in the first half in their last nine matches.