Netherlands W – South Africa W Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today WORLD CUP WOMEN: Netherlands W – South Africa W Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, August 6, 2023.
Football: WORLD CUP WOMEN – PLAY OFFS – 1/8-FINALS
Kick-off: 03:00 Netherlands W – South Africa W
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 LOST
Netherlands W – South Africa W Prediction and Preview
- An unbeaten group stage (W2, D1) saw the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup (WWC) runners-up Netherlands top Group E. The top-ten nation will kick off in Sydney as clear favourites against the lowest-ranked team to reach the knockout phase, and should be suitably energised since their 7-0 win over Vietnam was little more than a training exercise against extremely weak opposition.
- While the Dutch should find South Africa more of a challenge, they have proved they can produce resounding victories on a consistent basis. Within their preceding ten-game form overall (W7, D1, L2), the Netherlands boast five wins that came by a margin of 3+ goals. The last four of those particular wins notably saw the Dutch score multiple goals after half-time, showcasing how they grow into games.
- Already confirmed as the only side to see both teams score in every group game, South Africa had to show that in abundance during Wednesday’s action, as they pulled off a stunning 3-2 victory against an Italian side sitting just seven places beneath the Dutch in FIFA’s rankings. A post-hour mark goal and assist from Thembi Kgatlana clinched the points to make history.
- Even more impressively, Kgatlana did so after a fortnight that had seen her lose three family members, part of which prompted manager Desiree Ellis to hail their maiden WWC finals victory as “amazing”. There’s no guessing what kind of superlative a win against the Dutch would prompt from Ellis, not least considering that they’ve lost all eight prior H2Hs – a record that contributes greatly to a very negative overall history against European sides currently in FIFA’s top-20 (W3, D1, L21).
- Players to watch: Netherlands’ Esmee Brugts netted a brace against Vietnam, with all five of her previous goalscoring internationals seeing the Dutch end up with a clean sheet. Also in rich form at present, South Africa’s Hildah Magaia combined twice with Kgatlana against Italy, and currently stands on five goals in six games.
- Hot stat: All three of the Netherlands’ prior games at this WWC have seen them win the first half by an odd-numbered margin.