Cadiz CF – Alaves Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today LALIGA: Cadiz CF – Alaves Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, August 14, 2023.
Football: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 1
Kick-off: 18:30 Cadiz CF – Alaves
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Cadiz CF – Alaves Prediction and Preview
- Having endured a close call with relegation last season, the only way is up for Cádiz, and with last season’s 14th-placed finish an improvement on the 17th of the season prior, they’ll hope to continue that upward trajectory. Any Cádiz success likely won’t be down to a fast start though, as their three La Liga (LL) campaigns since their top-flight return in 2020/21 have all seen them endure a winless season opener (D1, L2).
- Their campaign beginning at home may prove to be the perfect antidote to offset those opening day blues as Cádiz ended last season with three successive home league wins. The summer departure of the influential Théo Bongonda certainly doesn’t help their chances of stretching that run to four for the first time this century in the top-flight, but the permanent captures of Gonzalo Escalante and Sergi Guardiola should at least boost morale.
- After a one season stint outside of LL, Alavés are back amongst Spain’s elite after triumphing in the La Liga 2 play-offs. Riding the crest of the promotion wave is the short-term goal for Alavés, and they’ll need to garner as much of that momentum as they possibly can if they’re to avoid slumping to a fifth defeat from six season openers in LL (W1).
- Boss Luis García has bolstered his ranks with a handful of summer signings, all of whom arrived from fellow LL clubs as he seeks to add sprinkles of top-flight experience. García will now hope those fresh faces gel quickly as he bids to extend his unbeaten personal record from his last four managerial clashes with Cádiz (W2, D2) and secure Alavés only a second-ever top-flight H2H victory in the process.
- Players to watch: Formerly of Alavés, Cádiz’s Rubén Sobrino ought to fancy his chances of downing his former employers here given his last seven LL goals came on home soil. Alavés might be looking to Luis Rioja for inspiration, with his four away league goals last term all arriving after the break.
- Hot streak: Alavés ended their last LL campaign without an away clean sheet in 15 matches.