Alaves – Sevilla Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today LALIGA: Alaves – Sevilla Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, August 21, 2023.
Football: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 2
Kick-off: 18:00 Alaves – Sevilla
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 4:3 WON!!!
Alaves – Sevilla Prediction and Preview
- Alavés started their 2023/24 La Liga (LL) campaign poorly, conceding inside the opening ten minutes before losing 1-0 to a Cádiz side that finished with ten men. It was a harsh reintroduction to the top-flight following promotion via the La Liga 2 play-offs last term as they registered their third straight LL season-opening defeat.
- While they’re on an unbeaten run at home that stretches back to late January (W7, D5), the last team to beat them at Estadio Mendizorrotza was Sevilla in Copa del Rey action, so they should be wary as they return to familiar surroundings. Winning just one of their last eight opening home LL games (D3, L4) of the season is hardly encouraging either as they seek to avoid losing their first two games of the campaign – just as they did the last time they were in the top-flight.
- But with Sevilla making the trip north following a long night in Greece in which they lost to Manchester City on penalties in the UEFA Super Cup, they might not be at their sharpest as they look to bounce back from a matchday one defeat of their own, as they went down 2-1 to Valencia. That was the sixth consecutive game in domestic and European action in which Jose Luis Mendilibar’s side netted exactly once (W1, D1, L4), and that lack of potency is clearly costing them dearly.
- With the departure of goalkeeper Yassine Bounou to Saudi Arabian club Al-Hilal in midweek, Sevilla might need to improve that goalscoring record if they’re to avoid another disappointing league campaign and make an impression on Europe. Losing here would certainly set more alarm bells ringing, as they’re unbeaten in five H2Hs at this ground (W3, D2).
- Players to watch: If Alavés are to start well, then Miguel de la Fuente could be their man as three of his five goals for the club arrived in the opening 30 minutes. Meanwhile Érik Lamela scored in both of Sevilla’s last two league away fixtures, on each occasion netting their only goal of the game.
- Hot stat: Sevilla have lost just one of their last 13 opening league away games of the season (W7, D5).