Salernitana – Udinese Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today SERIE A: Salernitana – Udinese Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, August 28, 2023.
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 2
Kick-off: 17:30 Salernitana – Udinese
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Salernitana – Udinese Prediction and Preview
- After comfortably avoiding relegation in 2022/23 by suffering only two defeats in their final 15 Serie A (SA) matches (W4, D9), the aim for Salernitana would’ve been to pick up where they left off. So far so good in that sense then for Paulo Sousa’s side, who, unlike last season, managed to both progress past the first round of the Coppa Italia with a 1-0 victory over second-tier side Ternana, before starting their league campaign by avoiding defeat with a 2-2 draw against Roma.
- The Garnets therefore have momentum on their side going into this clash with Udinese, where history beckons should they come out unscathed, as it would mean they have avoided defeat in their opening two SA matches for the first time in their top-flight history. The Stadio Arechi faithful will also be desperate for a change of fortune having seen their side fall to defeat in their opening home league match in each of their last three SA campaigns.
- If the hosts are wanting to continue their form from last season, Udinese are hoping for the opposite after concluding last season with four successive league defeats. They too successfully navigated their Coppa Italia first round assignment by beating Cantanzaro resoundingly 4-1, only for Juventus to spoil the party on the opening day by putting three unanswered goals past them.
- The Zebrette’s disastrous end to last season includes a dismal run of form on the road where they’ve lost five consecutive matches, the most recent of which was interestingly a 3-2 defeat at the Stadio Arechi in May, their third failed attempt at beating Salernitana in the last four H2Hs (D1, L2), raising doubts over whether they can put three points on the board here.
- Players to watch: Salernitana veteran Antonio Candreva has already netted three goals this season, turning back the clock just as he did in this fixture last season when registering a goal and an assist. He’ll aim to get one over on opposing midfielder Sandi Lovrić, who’s made a habit of striking early, with his last five goals coming before half-time.
- Hot stat: There have been goals scored in both halves in 11 of Salernitana’s last 14 SA games.