Galatasaray – Molde Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: Galatasaray – Molde Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, August 29, 2023.
Football: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – QUALIFICATION – FINAL
Kick-off: 20:00 Galatasaray – Molde
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Galatasaray – Molde Prediction and Preview
- Fans of both Galatasaray and Molde will be on the edge of their Rams Park seats for the return duel of this UEFA Champions League (UCL) Play-off Round tie after the champions of Turkey eventually bested their Norwegian hosts 3-2 in the first leg. Both sides have had the weekend off from their domestic duties in preparation for this fixture, with the winner gracing the UCL group stages, and the loser heading to the UEFA Europa League equivalent.
- Galatarasay have a 93rd minute winner from Norwegian national Fredrik Midtsjø to thank for their lead, which as a result sees them close to ending their three-year UCL group stage hiatus. To progress without the complication of extra time or penalties, the Turkish giants simply have to extend their 13-game unbeaten run in all competitions (W11, D2). Manager Okan Buruk won’t be able to unveil unregistered newcomers Wilfried Zaha and Hakim Ziyech, but can recall midfielder Lucas Torreira after his one-game ban.
- It’s hard to beat a side who don’t concede, and that seemingly personifies the Lions’ recent home form after they won their last six matches at Rams Park without a chink in their armour. Molde’s offense should therefore draw a lot of confidence from their two goals scored in the first leg, but it’ll most likely be their defense which will be decisive in determining if their UCL group stage drought dating back to 1999/00 continues.
- One victory from Molde’s last five outings (D2, L2) leaves a lot to be desired, but the tactics may not change after manager Erling Moe vowed prior to the tie that the team “won’t defend ourselves to victory”. Moe should also be quick to remind his troops not to give up after they turned around first leg deficits against both HJK and KÍ Klaksvik in previous rounds, though on those occasions they lost away prior to winning at home.
- Players to watch: Mauro Icardi has been on fire for Galatasaray for quite some time now, netting an incredible 18 goals in his last 15 matches. Molde will want Ola Brynhildsen to steal the show, considering his side has won 19 of the last 21 matches in which he found the net (D1, L1).
- Hot streak: Galatasaray have opened the scoring prior to half-time in eight consecutive competitive home games, five of them courtesy of Icardi.