Utrecht – Feyenoord Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today EREDIVISIE: Utrecht – Feyenoord Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, September 3, 2023.
Football: NETHERLANDS: EREDIVISIE – ROUND 4
Kick-off: 11:15 Utrecht – Feyenoord
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:5 WON!!!
Utrecht – Feyenoord Prediction and Preview
- Losing the first three matches of a new season may not be enough to prompt the word ‘crisis’, but it was certainly enough for FC Utrecht to dump head coach Michael Silberbauer out onto the street. Under new management and despite having a very busy summer on the transfer market, Utrecht could be burdened with an unwanted record this weekend: becoming the first club to fail to score in the first four rounds of an Eredivisie championship.
- They can no longer count on Anastasios Douvikas for goals in the Domstad and it appears to be showing. The Greek striker, who was joint-top scorer of the Eredivisie last season, departed to Celta Vigo for a fee of €12m. But not all is lost, for players such as Mats Seuntjens, Zakaria Labyad and Ole Romeny have already shown in the past that they can easily find the net in the Eredivisie. What could also inject some confidence is that each of their last eight home games against Feyenoord Rotterdam saw both teams score on the day.
- Dutch champions Feyenoord started the new season alarmingly very moderately with two draws, but left little behind against newcomers Almere City in a 6-1 home win last week. Quinten Timber, who has already been on the receiving end of some criticism since his arrival at De Kuip, may have played his best shirt in a Feyenoord shirt to date. It was an afternoon packed with highlights for the Rotterdam club, in which Gjivai Zechiël also recorded his first minutes for the senior side.
- Feyenoord fans will be hoping that their rise back to the top has now commenced, because prior to this round of play, the clubs were tied by points with fellow townsmen Excelsior and were even two points behind Sparta. Luka Ivanusec and Ondrej Lingr are yet to make their Feyenoord debuts, but are available to help the club close that gap as soon as this Sunday.
- Players to watch: Santiago Giménez has found the back of the net three times in his last two matches, whilst Jens Toornstra scored a total of three times in his last three matches against his former employers Feyenoord.
- Hot stat: Feyenoord scored before half-time in nine of their last ten away league matches.