Kazakhstan – Finland Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today EURO – QUALIFICATION: Kazakhstan – Finland Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, September 7, 2023.
Football: EURO – QUALIFICATION – ROUND 5
Kick-off: 15:00 Kazakhstan – Finland
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
Kazakhstan – Finland Prediction and Preview
- Both Kazakhstan (FIFA rank: #104) and Finland (FIFA rank: #55) lost their first game in this UEFA European Championship qualification (ECQ) cycle only to win their next three to occupy the top two positions in Group H. Another win here for the hosts would put them closer to a first ever appearance at a major tournament, although they already have the comfort of a guaranteed play-off place through their UEFA Nations League performance.
- Magomed Adiyev’s much-improved side can never be written off, as all three of those wins saw them net at least once after the 85th minute, including doing so twice to come from 2-1 down to beat Denmark 3-2! While the Hawks have already matched the number of wins they achieved when failing to qualify for Euro 2020 (W3, D1, L6), they possess a poor H2H record against Finland (D1, L4), including two defeats ‘to nil’ in 2021.
- That should hearten the visitors, whose three group wins have been more dominant than Kazakhstan’s, as each of them came with a clean sheet after leading at the break. As they plot a course towards a second straight European Championships appearance, another victory with a clean sheet here would see them win four straight games ‘to nil’ for the first time since September 2019.
- That would certainly make the long trip to Astana one to remember, but as the Eagle-Owls haven’t scored more than once in any of their last six games on foreign soil (W1, D2, L3), their defence may once again be the key to their success. That’s been a long running theme for Finland, who have seen four of their last five wins away from home accompanied by a clean sheet, including one here just under two years ago!
- Players to watch: Two of Kazakhstan’s four late goals across their last three games were netted by Abat Aymbetov, who missed the San Marino win through suspension. Had he played, he would have struggled to emulate Finland’s Daniel Håkans, who scored a nine-minute hat-trick against San Marino in their last outing!
- Hot stat: A Kazakhstan player has been sent off in four of their last eight internationals (W4, L4).