Bayern Munich – Bayer Leverkusen Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today BUNDESLIGA: Bayern Munich – Bayer Leverkusen Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, September 15, 2023.
Football: GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 4
Kick-off: 19:30 Bayern Munich – Bayer Leverkusen
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:2 WON!!!
Bayern Munich – Bayer Leverkusen Prediction and Preview
- This is a huge early season clash as first plays second when champions Bayern Munich welcome their potential title challengers and early Bundesliga leaders, Bayer Leverkusen. One of many subplots in this classic Bundesliga H2H is the meeting of Bayern’s Harry Kane and Leverkusen’s Granit Xhaka, two cornerstones of their new teams who contested no fewer than 15 North London derbies during their time in England with Tottenham and Arsenal respectively.
- Thomas Tuchel’s Bayern have made a perfect three-game Bundesliga start for the second season running, but that isn’t to say they justify their favourites tag this time around. Not since 2018/19 have Bayern made a perfect four-game start and with the Bavarians failing to win in two of the last four home H2Hs (W2, D1, L1), this is set to be a big early test of their credentials.
- Bayern played a part in shaping the man who leads Leverkusen into battle here, as former midfielder Xabi Alonso won three Bundesliga crowns with them before his retirement as a player. Those three titles were actually part of Bayern’s current 11-title winning streak, so he is certainly under no illusions about just how hard staying above the German giants will be, in spite of the Black and Reds first perfect three-game winning start since 2013/14.
- Leverkusen eventually achieved a top-four finish in that season and that will likely be the minimum aim once again. Yet if Alonso’s men can notch a four-game winning start to a Bundesliga campaign for the first time in club history – especially at this venue – eyebrows will be raised across the continent. That’d be a real statement win, especially given they’ve won just once as away league outsiders since the start of last term (W1, D2, L4).
- Players to watch: Whilst Kane will be a constant threat, look out for Bayern’s Mathys Tel from the bench, as he’s scored six of his seven Bundesliga goals as a substitute, a league-high since the start of last season. As for Leverkusen, Victor Boniface is the first player since Erling Haaland to hit 6+ goal contributions in his first three Bundesliga games (G4, A2), a return which has earned him August’s “Rookie of the Month” award!
- Hot stat: Of teams Leverkusen have played 10+ times in Bundesliga action, they possess their lowest win rate against Bayern (22% – W19, D17, L52).