Salernitana – Frosinone Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today SERIE A: Salernitana – Frosinone Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, September 22, 2023.
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 5
Kick-off: 17:30 Salernitana – Frosinone
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Salernitana – Frosinone Prediction and Preview
- What is predicted to be a season-long battle against relegation started off decently for Salernitana, who proved their fighting spirit by securing come-from-behind draws in their opening two Serie A (SA) matches against Roma and Udinese respectively. Things then took a turn for the worse either side of the international break, as Paulo Sousa’s men fell to consecutive scoreless defeats, most recently a 3-0 home hammering by Torino.
- That result won’t necessarily spoil the mood at Stadio Arechi, whose faithful fans got to witness their team string together a nine-game unbeaten run at home before Torino arrived (W5, D4). Those in attendance might fear a sour start to the weekend though, seeing as the Garnets have won only three of their last 19 games played on a Friday (D5, L11)!
- The hosts’ winless league start has seen them once again take up residency in the relegation zone, while their visitors and newly promoted Frosinone have defied the odds thus far and are flying high in the European spots. That’s because after their baptism of fire of losing to reigning champions Napoli 3-1 on SA’s opening day, manager Eusebio Di Francesco masterminded two wins and a draw to see his side start matchday five in sixth place.
- The Canaries will now take their show on the road amid a formidable away record comprising only one loss in their last 16 matches (W9, D6), while their most recent ten games on their travels have seen them go unbeaten (W5, D5). The travelling squad will therefore be confident that they can achieve uniformity in their extensive history with Salernitana (P28: W10, D7, L11).
- Players to watch: Erik Botheim has a particular liking for playing in front of the Salernitana fans, since six of his last eight club goals have come at home. For Frosinone, captain Luca Mazzitelli is fresh off a brace against Sassuolo last time out, taking his undefeated streak when scoring to 15 (W8, D7).
- Hot stat: There have been goals in both halves in 14 of Salernitana’s last 17 league games.