Empoli – Inter Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today SERIE A: Empoli – Inter Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, September 24, 2023.
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 5
Kick-off: 11:30 Empoli – Inter
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
Empoli – Inter Prediction and Preview
- Sunday’s Serie A (SA) action is kicked off by a top-against-bottom clash as Empoli (L4) take on Inter Milan (W4) at the Stadio Carlo Castellani. Aurelio Andreazzoli’s beleaguered outfit remain the only side in Europe’s top-five leagues yet to score a goal, but things got worse at the other end of the pitch last week though, as they conceded seven for the first time in their SA history as Roma ran riot.
- They became just the third team to start an SA season by losing their first four, and are now in danger of becoming the first team to start a SA season with five losses ‘to nil’. To avoid such a fate, they’ll have to buck a long-standing historical trend as Empoli have lost 23 of their 30 SA H2Hs with Inter (W4, D3), the joint-most defeats for them against a single club in the competition.
- Things couldn’t be much more different for Inter who, with victory here, could start a SA season with five successive wins for just the fourth time in their history. Doing so may not be so wise based on historical evidence though, as they failed to win the title on each of the previous three occasions! The Nerazzurri may not have to worry about that if they replicate their midweek performance, as a lacklustre display saw them lucky to rescue a point against Real Sociedad in the UEFA Champions League, scoring with their only shot on target of the match.
- Boss Simone Inzaghi cut a frustrated figure and stated ““everyone had to do more”, and a return to domestic action certainly could inspire that after they ran out dominant 5-1 winners over arch-rivals AC Milan last weekend. The travelling Inter fans will be expectant, especially after seeing their side record eight consecutive away clean sheets against Empoli, a run that dates back to April 2006 and is already a record for any club on the road against a single club in this competition.
- Key battle: Empoli goalkeeper Etrit Berisha could be in for another busy afternoon here, having conceded 20 goals in 11 personal H2Hs, including seven in a single game in 2017 whilst at Atalanta! Henrikh Mkhitaryan made his first meaningful contribution this season with two goals and an assist in Inter’s 5-1 win over AC Milan. Over his club league career, Mkhitaryan has managed to score in consecutive rounds of a season on 28 occasions!
- Hot stat: Inter were awarded the first card of the match in seven of the last nine H2Hs.