Sevilla – Almeria Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today LALIGA: Sevilla – Almeria Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, September 26, 2023.
Football: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 7
Kick-off: 18:00 Sevilla – Almeria
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 5:1 LOST
Sevilla – Almeria Prediction and Preview
- Two of La Liga’s (LL) early strugglers will partake in a midweek clash when Sevilla return to Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán Stadium after failing to inspire in their 0-0 stalemate with Osasuna over the weekend. That result left them with just one win from their opening five league matches this season (D1, L3), a start which already had manager Jose Luis Mendilibar dismissing talk of being sacked by alluding to his success last season.
- A return to home soil could prove the tonic here for Sevilla after they won one and drew one of their two outings at this venue over the past ten days. That said, the hosts have struggled in front of goal so far this campaign, something which has been most evident at this venue after they scored exactly once in each of their four matches (W1, D1, L2).
- There were plenty of positives for visiting Almería to take away from their 2-2 draw with Valencia at the weekend but that stalemate still saw them extend their winless run to begin the 2023/24 campaign to six matches (D2, L4). Like his opposite number here, that streak has left Almería manager Vicente Moreno also staring down the barrel of dismissal, especially as his side spent more on signings than any LL club bar Real Madrid yet begin matchday seven bottom of the standings.
- If survival is to be achieved again this campaign, the visitors need to vastly improve their away form. Last season, they won just one of their 19 LL fixtures on the road (D5, L13) en route to claiming the worst away record in the competition! That included a 2-1 loss at Sevilla in spite of opening the scoring just minutes after kickoff.
- Players to watch: Sevilla will hope that Youssef En-Nesyri can regain some form here as he’s netted just one LL goal this campaign, although he’s failed to score across three prior H2Hs. Sergio Akieme has struck two LL goals this season but all three of his overall goal scoring appearances in the competition have ended in defeat.
- Hot stat: Six of the last seven H2H games between these sides at Sevilla saw both slides score and over 2.5 goals (SEV: W5, L2).