Frosinone – Fiorentina Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today SERIE A: Cagliari – AC Milan Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, September 28, 2023.
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 6
Kick-off: 17:30 Frosinone – Fiorentina
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Frosinone – Fiorentina Prediction and Preview
- Serie A (SA) new boys Frosinone continued their fine start to the new season (W2, D2, L1) by extending their current four-game unbeaten run with a 1-1 draw away to Salernitana on Friday. That latest positive result was made even more special by the fact that coach Eusebio Di Francesco selected the youngest starting line-up in history of Italian top-flight (24 years and 216 days on average) but it could have been even better if they’d held on for victory after netting the opener.
- Although the 2022/23 Serie B winners suffered an opening day defeat at home against reigning champions from Napoli, they’ve since won their following two home matches at Stadio Benito Stirpe, scoring an impressive six goals during that run. That’s in stark comparison to their previous two SA stints when they had just one point at this stage and no goals scored in 2017/18!
- This is going to be a third consecutive away match for last season’s UEFA Europa Conference League finalists Fiorentina, who beat Udinese 2-0 last time out and for the first time since 2018/19 have picked up at least ten points after five rounds (W3, D1, L1). Their fans will hope to avoid a repeat of that season though, as Fiorentina ended 16th and just three points above the relegation zone!
- Despite their SA newcomer status, playing Frosinone may not help Fiorentina’s quest to avoid a repeat of 2018/19, as they’ve won just one of the last four H2Hs (D2, L1). Yet, their recent three game unbeaten run (W2, D1) – which saw them score twice before the break on two occasions – combined with their prior 4-1 away win over newly-promoted Genoa, will give the travelling fans hope that they can improve upon that dismal H2H run here.
- Players to watch: Defender Simone Romagnoli has been busy across his last four SA matches collecting a goal, assist and a yellow card, with that sole strike being a game opener against Salernitana. Giacomo Bonaventura scored and assisted against Udinese on Sunday, meaning he now has five Fiorentina goal contributions this campaign (G3, A2).
- Hot stat: Four of Frosinone’s five SA matches have seen the opening goal arriving before the 15th minute.