Aston Villa – Brighton Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today PREMIER LEAGUE: Aston Villa – Brighton Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, September 30, 2023.
Football: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 7
Kick-off: 12:30 Aston Villa – Brighton
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 6:1 WON!!!
Aston Villa – Brighton Prediction and Preview
- After securing a seventh-place finish last season, Aston Villa are again rubbing shoulders with the Premier League’s (PL) elite as they sit pretty in sixth after six rounds of action (W4, L2). A 1-0 victory away to Chelsea was the latest of those league victories, with boss Unai Emery suggesting it was a game his side won largely because they were “good defensively” as Villa collected just their second league clean sheet of the season.
- Defensive resilience has been the bedrock of their success at Villa Park of late too, with their nine-match winning home league run largely down to collecting an impressive six clean sheets along the way. That record will be sternly tested against the PL’s highest scorers ahead of the round in Brighton (18), but it’s a fixture Villa have fond memories of, winning the last four H2Hs, netting exactly twice in each win.
- That record won’t bother Brighton, who last weekend became the first club outside of the ‘big six’ since Charlton in 2005/06 to open a campaign with five wins from their first six PL games. The Seagulls secured a third-successive 3-1 league win against Bournemouth, impressively coming from behind to win for the first time in the PL this season, but that didn’t appease boss Roberto De Zerbi, who labelled the performance “one of the worst” since he took charge.
- His players will seemingly have their work cut out to please him here, as Villa are interestingly one of just two PL sides to have beaten Brighton twice since De Zerbi took over the reins. But with Brighton one of just three PL sides with a 100% winning record on the road in PL action this season, there’s perhaps never been a better time than now for the Brighton boss to end his Villa hoodoo.
- Players to watch: In a rich vein of form at home, Douglas Luiz is the first Aston Villa player to score in four successive home PL games since Gareth Barry in 2006. No side in the PL has seen more goals come from substitutes than Brighton’s five, with Kaoru Mitoma netting one within 20 seconds of his introduction against Bournemouth!
- Hot stat: Both teams have scored in five of the last six Villa-held H2Hs.