Sassuolo – Monza Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today SERIE A: Sassuolo – Monza Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, October 2, 2023.
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 7
Kick-off: 17:30 Sassuolo – Monza
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
Sassuolo – Monza Prediction and Preview
- Over the course of the last two matchdays, Sassuolo have stunned Serie A (SA) by becoming the first side since Udinese in 2011 to beat Juventus and Inter Milan in consecutive rounds. Alessio Dionisi’s men sparkled to come from a goal down to conquer the previously unbeaten Inter, moving into the top half of the table as a result as the Neroverdi continue to shake off their indifferent start to the campaign.
- Monza are the next visitors to the Mapei Stadium, where Sassuolo have won back-to-back matches to set up a chance of winning three SA games on the spin on home soil for the first time since April 2022. To achieve that, they’ll need to beat Monza in Serie A for the first time ever (D1, L1) and shoring up their defence may be key, as only strugglers Empoli have conceded more than the Neroverdi’s 12 goals.
- The visitors are hardly best placed to take advantage of that, as they’ve scored just four times in their six SA matches so far this term. Their toothlessness in front of goal continued when Raffaele Palladino’s men were held to a scoreless draw with ten-man Bologna on Thursday, leaving the Biancorossi just three points clear of the drop zone ahead of this round.
- They have, however, remained tough to beat, drawing each of their last three SA games. A fourth would be their longest such streak since October 2011 when they were in the third-tier of Italian football, but they’ll be desperate to earn all three points and end a four-match winless run on the road (D1, L3) – their longest without a victory since being promoted to the top-flight.
- Key battle: Sassuolo’s star man is undoubtedly Domenico Berardi, who has netted four times in as many appearances for the Neroverdi this term. Recently, he had a hand in both strikes in their victory over Inter. Experienced Monza midfielder Roberto Gagliardini could be tasked with shackling his compatriot given his record against Sassuolo, as he boasts seven personal H2H victories (D1, L3), his second-best tally against any opponent.
- Hot stat: Monza failed to score in seven of their nine SA away losses since being promoted.