FC Astana – Plzen Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today EUROPA CONFERENCE LEAGUE: FC Astana – Plzen Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, October 5, 2023.
Football: EUROPA CONFERENCE LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE – ROUND 2
Kick-off: 15:30 FC Astana – Plzen
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
FC Astana – Plzen Prediction and Preview
- As far as European preparations go, it couldn’t have been much worse for Astana, who suffered a 2-0 defeat to FC Aktobe in the Kazakhstan Premier League at the weekend. That result saw them lose ground on table-topping FC Ordabasy in search of retaining their crown, and they haven’t been able to seek much relief in the UEFA Europa Conference League (UECL) either, with a 5-1 drubbing at the hands of Dinamo Zagreb in their group opener leaving them on the back foot.
- Another defeat would leave them with serious work to do in Group C, but with a positive record against Czech clubs behind them (W2, D2), they should feel confident of bouncing back against Viktoria Plzeň. Not only that, Astana’s last European home group stage game produced a famous 2-1 victory against Manchester United, and with a five-match unbeaten home run in tow (W4, D1), replicating that result may not be a too far-fetched possibility.
- Plzeň would like to think they’ll have something to say about that, but after a 2-1 domestic defeat to Sparta Prague at the weekend ended their incredible 12-match winning run, they travel on a bit of a downer. Boss Miroslav Koubek admitted Sparta won “deservedly”, but he’ll also feel this a much more winnable game given Plzeň’s 100% winning record against Kazakh opponents (W2).
- That includes a 2-1 victory against Tobol on Kazakh turf in UECL qualifying this season, a result which forms part of an impressive six-match winning run in UEFA’s third-tier competition. As if that run wasn’t eye-catching enough, they conceded just two goals throughout, though the fact both of those came on the road suggests they are susceptible defensively when travelling in this competition.
- Players to watch: Marin Tomasov netted a hat-trick in Astana’s last home outing, and he’s bagged the game’s last goal on his last five scoring appearances. Rafiu Durosinmi has netted Plzeň’s last three goals and interestingly scored three of his last four strikes with his head.
- Hot stat: Astana have led at half-time in three of their four UECL home games (inc qualifiers).