Monza – Salernitana Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today SERIE A: Monza – Salernitana Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, October 8, 2023.
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 8
Kick-off: 11:30 Monza – Salernitana
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:0 WON!!!
Monza – Salernitana Prediction and Preview
- Monza collected their first away win of this Serie A (SA) season at Sassuolo on Monday (1-0) to move into a mid-table position and will this weekend return to the Stadio Brianteo to defend their unbeaten SA home record (W1, D2). Hailed by manager Raffaele Palladino as “a victory that gives us a lot of momentum”, they’re now unbeaten in four league games (W1, D3) as a result, a feat they also managed, albeit with three wins and a draw, at a similar time last season.
- Whilst their defence has been difficult to get past, scoring goals has been more of an issue for the White and Reds after they found the net only five times in seven games, close to half the SA average of nine goals after seven rounds. All 11 clubs above them in the standings ahead of this weekend’s round have more goals to their name, whilst Monza’s 2-0 win at home to Empoli earlier this season is their only multiple goal haul of the SA campaign.
- Paolo Sousa’s position as head coach of Salernitana is looking increasingly perilous, particularly after a 4-0 home defeat to Inter Milan saw them end the weekend in the relegation zone. They are lamenting an even worse goalscoring record than that of their next opponents, with their total of four goals from seven games contributing to their worst seven-game start to any league season since 2009/10 (D3, L4).
- Sousa bemoaned his side’s finishing after last weekend, admitting it is “costing us points”, and with four blanks drawn from their last five matches (D1, L4), it is hard to argue with him! The Portuguese coach could be inspired by his next opposition, having claimed his first win in charge of Salernitana against Monza last season. It was a victory which sparked a ten-match unbeaten SA run (W2, D8), so he’ll likely be desperate for three points on Sunday to act as a similar springboard.
- Players to watch: Andrea Colpani has scored all three of Monza’s goals at the Stadio Brianteo so far this season. After missing three matches through injury, Boulaye Dia returned to the starting XI last weekend but his goals don’t always bring about success, as six of his last seven goalscoring appearances ended in draws.
- Hot streak: Salernitana have conceded in each of their last ten SA matches as well as their last ten away from home!