Azerbaijan – Austria Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today EURO – QUALIFICATION: Azerbaijan – Austria Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, October 16, 2023.
Football: EURO – QUALIFICATION – ROUND 8
Kick-off: 17:00 Azerbaijan – Austria
Tip: Away Win
Match Result: 0:1 WON!!!
Azerbaijan – Austria Prediction and Preview
- Azerbaijan must beat Austria by at least three goals to stay in contention for a top-two finish in Group F of the European Championship Qualifying (ECQ) campaign. While their underwhelming four-game start to this qualifying cycle (D1, L3) extended their winless sequence in ECQs to 17 games dating back to March 2015 (D5, L12), the hosts ran out 2-0 victors against Estonia on Friday which should inspire confidence heading into this latest outing.
- That win back in 2015 came on home soil but their form in home ECQs has been uninspiring across eight such matches since (D3, L5), raising doubts over their ability to continue the momentum here. Their prior H2H record also points to more potential misery in this latest meeting, as Azerbaijan have lost all three ECQ H2Hs, each with a three-goal margin after going down 4-1 in the reverse fixture this campaign.
- Austria will be plotting a continuation of that sequence, especially as a win here would secure their passage to a third straight Euros tournament. In fact, even a defeat could ensure progression, although it would need a few permutations to fall into place for the visitors, so Ralf Rangnick’s side will arrive with little pressure on their shoulders. They visit Baku on the back of a 3-2 defeat to Belgium, although that was Austria’s first loss of this ECQ campaign (W4, D1).
- Their away form still needs improvement, as Austria have struggled for consistency across their last seven away ECQs (W3, D2, L2). A 3-1 win on their most recent away outing against Sweden is a promising sign on that front at least, affording them the chance to secure consecutive away wins for the first time since November 2020!
- Players to watch: Emin Mahmudov scored Azerbaijan’s lone goal in the reverse fixture, but has been hitting the wrong chords recently, with four yellow cards in his last five games for club and country. Austria’s performance in that 4-1 win was led by Marcel Sabitzer (G2, A1) who also scored their last goal in the loss to Belgium.
- Hot streak: Azerbaijan have conceded the opening goal in their last seven home ECQs.