Dortmund – Werder Bremen Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today BUNDESLIGA: Dortmund – Werder Bremen Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, October 20, 2023.
Football: GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 8
Kick-off: 19:30 Dortmund – Werder Bremen
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Dortmund – Werder Bremen Prediction and Preview
- Whilst it’s obvious to point to a failure to win their final outing last season as the reason for missing out on the title due goal difference, Borussia Dortmund could also look back at their season opener at home to Werder Bremen with a sense of regret, after throwing away a 2-0 lead after 88 minutes to lose 3-2 last August. That result did spur them on for the rest of the season at Signal Iduna Park and into this campaign, with Die Schwarzgelben undefeated at home since in any competition.
- An average start to this league season for the hosts (W1, D2) led pundits to question whether Edin Terzić was the right man for the job, but after four straight wins – most recently a 4-2 triumph over Union Berlin – Dortmund are one of only three unbeaten Bundesliga clubs this term. They’ve now made their best start to a campaign after seven games (W5, D2) since 2018/2019 and haven’t tasted defeat in 15 German top-flight matches overall, the longest run of any team in the league.
- By contrast, things are looking gloomy for Werder, as goalkeeper Jiří Pavlenka and Justin Njinmah, the matchwinner in their last victory, are set to miss out due to injury. There is also a debate surrounding boss Ole Werner, who has picked up just 21 points in 26 outings in 2023, meaning the northerners have the lowest tally of any current Bundesliga outfit during that period (of the sides that started the calendar year in the division).
- The visitors currently sit 14th after defeat to Hoffenheim and have lost five times (W2) after the first seven games for the first time in 25 years – the joint-most they have suffered at this stage of a campaign in the club’s history. To add to the bad omens, Werder have conceded first in six of their seven Bundesliga encounters this season (W1, L5) – losing all three matches on the road in the process – and have won only one of their last nine Bundesliga H2Hs (W1, D3, L5).
- Players to watch: Former Werder talisman Niclas Füllkrug has opened the scoring in his last two league appearances for Dortmund – both times in the first 20 minutes – putting him on course to net in three straight Bundesliga games for the first time since 2018. Marvin Duksch was the Green-Whites’ second-highest scorer last season after Füllkrug and has been involved in a goal in each of the last five Bundesliga matches (G2, A3).
- Hot stat: BVB haven’t lost at home on a Friday for 34 games since falling to a 1-0 defeat to fierce rivals Schalke in 2004.