Liverpool – Everton Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today PREMIER LEAGUE: Liverpool – Everton Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, October 21, 2023.
Football: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 9
Kick-off: 12:30 Liverpool – Everton
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
Liverpool – Everton Prediction and Preview
- The Premier League (PL) returns from the international break with one of football’s truly iconic derbies gracing the early Saturday kick-off, as the red and blue halves of Merseyside prepare to divide once again when Liverpool host neighbours Everton. While the war rages on, the individual battles have made history over the years, with no other fixture being drawn more in the English Football League’s lifespan than the 69 seen in Merseyside derbies.
- The rivalry is flooded with PL history too, with this clash being the fixture to produce the most red cards (22) and the most 0-0 draws (12). Those scoreless stalemates account for a large chunk of Liverpool’s 26 PL clean sheets they’ve kept against Everton, their highest tally against any opponent, while it’s against the Reds that the Toffees have failed to score against most.
- Jürgen Klopp would love another shutout here since his side have kept a clean sheet in just one of their last ten PL matches. The Reds have alleviated the impact of that by scoring in each of their last 18 top-flight games, although they did drop points in their last two league outings (D1, L1) which has seen them slip down to fourth in the table.
- As for Everton, two wins from their last three PL matches (L1) has helped put a bit of breathing space between them and the relegation zone. The most recent result in that run was a 3-0 win over Bournemouth, while last time out on the road in the league they claimed a 3-1 victory at Brentford, giving the Toffees confidence they could claim back-to-back away PL victories for the first time since May 2021.
- Players to watch: Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah has been at his most dangerous early on recently, scoring seven of his last eight PL goals before half-time. Everton will be hoping his creative impact is negated by Abdoulaye Doucouré, who’s seen six of his previous eight league goals arrive on his travels.
- Hot stat: Liverpool have only lost once at Anfield against Everton this century (W15, D10).