AS Roma – Monza Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today SERIE A: AS Roma – Monza Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, October 22, 2023.
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 9
Kick-off: 11:30 AS Roma – Monza
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 WON!!!
AS Roma – Monza Prediction and Preview
- Roma went into the international break in high spirits after a 4-1 Serie A (SA) win over Cagliari made it three consecutive wins in all competitions. They are still three points adrift of the top-five after eight rounds however, and coach José Mourinho certainly isn’t getting carried away by his side’s winning run as he urged his team to carry the momentum into this clash with Monza in an attempt to continue their upward trajectory.
- Things could have been a whole lot worse for the Giallorossi, who have revived their campaign following just one point across their first three league games with a solitary defeat across the next five (W3, D1). That run started at the Stadio Olimpico with a 7-0 win over Empoli and was followed with a 2-0 victory over Frosinone, results that contributed to Roma holding the most SA home clean sheets in this calendar year.
- Monza also went into the break in positive fashion, remaining unbeaten in five games prior to the interruption (W2, D3), a streak bookended by back-to-back wins. They’ve only managed three in succession twice previously in the top-flight, and repeating the act will require them to win a league H2H for the first time ever (D1, L1).
- A sturdy backline ought to provide hope of changing that record, as Monza haven’t conceded a league goal in 348 regular minutes, the longest ongoing run in SA. Raffaele Palladino’s men need to improve their output at the other end though, as their tally of eight goals remains the lowest among the top-ten clubs after eight SA games this season.
- Players to watch: Romelu Lukaku has scored in five consecutive games for club and country, although he’s yet to net against Monza in two personal H2Hs. There’s no such concerns for the Biancorossi’s Matteo Pessina who scored a goal against Roma at this venue playing for Verona back in 2019/20, although he has lost his last three personal away H2Hs.
- Hot stat: Roma have scored a league-high five goals beyond the 80th minute, while Monza are yet to concede in that time period.