Chelsea – Brentford Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today PREMIER LEAGUE: Chelsea – Brentford Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, October 28, 2023.
Football: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 10
Kick-off: 12:30 Chelsea – Brentford
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 0:2 LOST
Chelsea – Brentford Prediction and Preview
- After a disastrous start to the season, Chelsea are showing signs of serious improvement under Mauricio Pochettino, perhaps best underlined by the strength of their performance against title-chasing Arsenal. While the Blues let a two-goal lead slip in that 2-2 London derby draw, prompting Pochettino to admit he was “disappointed”, he also spoke of his pride as his charges extended their unbeaten run to four matches in all competitions (W3, D1).
- A theme that continued in the Arsenal stalemate was Chelsea’s strength early in games, as they are one of just three sides yet to trail a Premier League (PL) game at half-time so far this season. While that’s been a long-running strength in Chelsea’s game, they’ve drastically improved in attack this month, as after scoring just once in September, the Blues have already netted eight times in three matches in October.
- Upcoming visitors Brentford also share that half-time distinction, a record charged by being the only side in the division yet to concede before the interval on the road. Holding onto results hasn’t always been straightforward for the Bees, but they were given a timely lift last weekend by securing just their second PL win of the season with a 3-0 demolition of Burnley.
- That success ended a six-match winless streak in the league for Thomas Frank’s men (D3, L3), who have been struck down by injuries and suspensions to key players so far this term. A relatively short trip across the capital to Stamford Bridge should encourage the Brentford players given that Chelsea have won just once in 12 PL outings there (D6, L5), while the Bees have incredibly emerged victorious from both H2Hs there since promotion to the top-flight.
- Players to watch: London derbies seem to suit Chelsea winger Mykhailo Mudryk, who has seen both his goals for the Blues arrive against capital opposition (Fulham and Arsenal). Brentford’s Bryan Mbeumo has been instrumental in his side’s back-to-back away H2H wins, directly contributing to three goals in those matches (G1, A2) and he was also on the scoresheet against Burnley last weekend.
- Hot stat: Only two of the last ten H2Hs saw both sides score.