Empoli – Atalanta Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today SERIE A: Empoli – Atalanta Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, October 30, 2023.
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 10
Kick-off: 18:30 Empoli – Atalanta
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:3 WON!!!
Empoli – Atalanta Prediction and Preview
- After a disastrous start to the season that saw Empoli open their Serie A (SA) campaign with five successive losses ‘to nil’, the Azzurri have hit a purple patch. Taking seven points from the last 12 available (W2, D1, L1) has lifted Aurelio Andreazzoli’s men out of the relegation zone, made possible by their most impressive performance of the season, beating Fiorentina 2-0 away from home.
- If Empoli are to extend their three-season stay in the top-flight, then finding the back of the net more often is essential. They’ve scored a division-low three times in SA thus far, with only one of those arriving at home, a record that’s left the Stadio Carlo Castellani faithful desperate for improvement. The visit of Atalanta therefore arrives at a bad time.
- To make matters worse for the home side, Atalanta travel with the confidence of collecting six clean sheets in their first nine matches of a top-flight season for the first time. La Dea did concede twice in a midweek 2-2 UEFA Europa League draw against Sturm Graz, although Gian Piero Gasperini’s men have tasted defeat just once across their last eight games in all competitions (W5, D2).
- Extending that run with a victory would be momentous, as Atalanta have a chance to post three SA H2H victories on the bounce for the first time, after doing the double over Empoli last year. Problems may be brewing under the surface however, as Atalanta have lost three of their last four SA games on the road (W1), conceding a combined eight times in those defeats.
- Players to watch: After his match opener in their last game, Empoli’s Francesco Caputo has seen his last five SA goals come on a Monday, helping win four games! Another player aiming for continuity could be Atalanta’s Gianluca Scamacca whose last personal H2H appearance saw him score a second-half brace and lead his side on the day to a 5-1 win.
- Hot sequence: The hosts on the day haven’t scored the opening goal in 12 successive SA H2Hs.