Cagliari – Monza Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today SERIE A: Cagliari – Monza Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, November 26, 2023.
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 13
Kick-off: 12:30 Cagliari – Monza
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Cagliari – Monza Prediction and Preview
- Despite being the first team to score against Juventus in seven Serie A (SA) matches, Cagliari left the Allianz Stadium with a 2-1 defeat in their most recent fixture and spent the international break back in the relegation zone (W2, D3, L7). Manager Claudio Ranieri admitted a certain bitterness as his side conceded both goals from set pieces, despite working on them the whole week.
- However, the Sardinians’ recent progress has been hugely encouraging as they won three of their four competitive games before their trip to Turin (W3, D1), scoring nine of their 12 SA goals in their last four such outings. This upturn in form has been especially notable at Unipol Domus, where Cagliari beat fellow relegation candidates Genoa 2-1 earlier this month to secure back-to-back home victories for the first time since May.
- A 1-1 draw against Torino may have not been the result that Monza’s fans would have wished for, but a run of only one loss across their last nine matches (W3, D5) sees last season’s SA debutants sit ninth heading into the weekend. In fact, the Biancorossi boast seven points more than they had at this stage last year, when they eventually finished a hugely impressive 11th.
- The visitors are also improving on the road as they’ve come away empty-handed just once in their last four trips (W2, D1), with the lone defeat coming courtesy of a stoppage-time strike at last term’s UEFA Europa League finalists Roma. Positively for Monza though, they’ve avoided losing in all eight SA matches against sides that start this round below them (W4, D4).
- Players to watch: Nicolas Viola’s opener in Cagliari’s last home encounter was one of four contributions in his last five matches (G3, A1). Monza’s Andrea Colpani celebrated his first ever Italy call-up by scoring the equaliser against Torino and will be eager to net here as all of his six SA goals so far this campaign have come at home.
- Hot stat: Cagliari have conceded a league-high seven goals in the opening 15 minutes of the second half in 2023/24.