Verona – Lecce Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today SERIE A: Verona – Lecce Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, November 27, 2023.
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 13
Kick-off: 18:30 Verona – Lecce
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:2 WON!!!
Verona – Lecce Prediction and Preview
- Returning from the final international break of 2023 in the Serie A (SA) relegation zone, Hellas Verona have work to do if they’re to keep their heads above water. A ten-match winless league run (D2, L8) certainly isn’t the best way to go about securing their top-flight status for a sixth-successive season, something which is now top of boss Marco Baroni’s list of priorities.
- This clash against Lecce comes with an added layer of spice for Baroni, who left Lecce in the summer after keeping them in Italy’s top flight. Not only would he love to repeat that feat at Verona, but he’d be thrilled to take the first step on the road to recovery against his former employers, although to do that he’d have to do something he’s never before done in his managerial career, beat Lecce (D1, L1).
- The decision to switch bosses has arguably been a successful one for Lecce so far, as they come into the round with a cushy five-point buffer to the drop zone. That could, and probably should, be a healthier lead but a seven-match winless SA run (D3, L4) has stunted their momentum somewhat, although given all three draws saw them battle from behind they are at least showing they’ve got the character to turn this run around.
- Still yet to win away from home this season in the league (D3, L2), new boss Roberto D’Aversa is left pondering what the cure is for his side’s travel sickness. He thought he’d found just that in their last away league outing, only to watch his side throw away a 1-0 lead to lose 2-1 in stoppage time against Roma, raising further doubts over whether D’Aversa can secure a first-ever managerial win on Verona soil (L2).
- Players to watch: Michael Folorunsho was on target in Verona’s last home league outing, and his last three goals have served as the game’s last. He also scored in his last personal H2H against Lecce. Nikola Krstović has caught the eye for Lecce this season and likes a fast start, netting two of his last three goals inside ten minutes.
- Hot stat: Verona have failed to score before half-time in 11 of their 12 SA games this season.