Lazio – Celtic Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: Lazio – Celtic Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, November 28, 2023.
Football: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE – ROUND 5
Kick-off: 18:45 Lazio – Celtic
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
Lazio – Celtic Prediction and Preview
- Despite currently sitting in the top-two of their UEFA Champions League (UCL) group, the 2023/24 season continues to be a tumultuous one for Lazio. After being beaten 2-1 by Serie A basement boys Salernitana on Saturday, boss Maurizio Sarri openly casted doubt over his future at the club, saying he’d be the “first to walk away” if he deemed their problems to be of his own making.
- The Eagles’ worst start to a domestic season in a decade has at least had the reprieve of a solid European campaign, with Lazio potentially only a win away from securing progression to the knockout stages. And given they’ve lost just one of their last 11 home games in UEFA competition, the capital club are bound to be confident of moving a step closer to the last 16 here.
- Visitors Celtic find themselves on the brink of elimination after another miserable UCL campaign (D1, L3), but that may just free them up to excel here against opposition they defeated 2-1 home and away in the Europa League four years ago. The Scottish champions arrive on a bit of a downer after a 6-0 thumping from Atléico Madrid in their last outing in this competition, while there was more disappointment at the weekend as they laboured to a 1-1 draw against Motherwell.
- Manager Brendan Rodgers lamented his side’s lack of quality in the final third in that stalemate, but it’s the other end of the pitch where their UCL struggles have originated from, as only Royal Antwerp (14) have conceded more group stage goals than Celtic’s 12. The Bhoys visit the Eternal City looking to inject some pride into their campaign then, but as they’ve won just two of their last 30 matches in the UCL proper (D6, L22), the odds are perhaps justifiably firmly stacked against them.
- Players to watch: Fresh from becoming the first player in Serie A history to score 100 away goals, Ciro Immobile scored the winner against Feyenoord on matchday four. Celtic’s Kyogo Furuhashi netted early in the reverse fixture (L 2-1), part of a sequence of six of his eight goals this term arriving before half-time.
- Hot stat: Including the winner in the reverse fixture, Lazio have netted in the 95th minute in two of their group stage games this term to change the result.