West Ham – Bournemouth Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today PREMIER LEAGUE: West Ham – Bournemouth Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, February 1, 2024.
Football: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 22
Kick-off: 20:30 West Ham – Bournemouth
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: PENDING
West Ham – Bournemouth Prediction and Preview
- After losing in their FA Cup third round replay against Bristol City 1-0 last midweek, West Ham enjoyed a much-needed break over the weekend. That stoppage will have given manager David Moyes plenty of time to get his side on the training ground following their 2-2 draw away to Sheffield United last weekend in the Premier League, a match in which the Hammers conceded the latest ever goal in the competition’s history.
- Since then, the hosts have added to their ranks by bringing midfielder Kalvin Phillips to the club on loan from Manchester City, and he’ll be hoping to help his new side extend their current unbeaten league streak to six matches here (W3, D2). The Hammers could also make it six H2H Premier League matches without defeat against Bournemouth (W3, D2), with all three of those victories in that stint accompanied by a clean sheet.
- Taking victory against the visiting Cherries will be easier said than done though, as they arrive here after smashing Championship side Swansea 5-0 on Thursday in the FA Cup. They did suffer back-to-back defeats to Liverpool and Tottenham before that, though a prior seven-match undefeated league run (W6, D1) sees them enter this matchday sat comfortably in mid-table.
- Bournemouth also boast relatively strong away league form this season, taking 13 points from their ten such matches (W4, D1, L5) whilst scoring 17 times in the process – the joint-fifth most of any side pre-round. They’re also just one of four sides who have taken more points on the road than on home soil this campaign, which could leave them primed to take another positive result in this latest outing.
- Players to watch: West Ham’s James Ward-Prowse netted last time out to take his Premier League tally to four strikes this season – both of his previous H2H goals have come on home soil. Dominic Solanke has scored 14 competitive goals for Bournemouth this campaign – one of which came in the reverse H2H – with his last four in the league coming after half-time.
- Hot stat: Bournemouth have failed to score in just one of their ten away Premier League matches this season.